Saturday, February 24, 2007

I was at the gym on saturday...struggling through my sets and feeling really unmotivated when Nickleback's "Far Away" came on the radio.Memories came rushing back...of the long jogs in Calgary, of the summer gone by, spent in the mountains.

Songs are like the bookmarks of my life. I can remember a whole host of experiences just by listening to a particular song. Mostly, the songs revolve around loneliness, songs like "My immortal", "Grey Sky Morning", "Goodbye" and "Ghost of You and Me" bring back memories of a certain person. Other songs( such as "far away") bring back feelings of freedom, and innocence and individuality.

But songs bring back more than just emotion: they transport me back to the place and time as well. Almost like time travel, where memories take on a life of their own, where I can look down on myself in an out of body experience: Holding a glass of Indian Rum while standing on the balcony of the hotel in Nepal, looking at the mountains and stars in the background and listening to BBMak, or driving into the sunset on Sheares bridge with "grey sky morning " on the stereo.
These are picture perfect emotional experiences that I might not ever have again. And no matter how sad some of the emotions are, I'm glad I had them.

On a different note, life is definately getting interesting, with some of the job offers I have been getting. Should I take up an offer, I shall be in some really exotic place, with probably no friends or family.

Lonely.

Nothing new there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home