Thursday, January 29, 2004

FRIENDS...

Sometimes, you need to take a step back and look at your life. You should do that when you're feeling good...but more importantly, do it when you are feeling bad. It is far more important at that time then if you are happy... .

Yesterday was, I guess, such a day. I finally turned 21. And yet only 4 ppl (who were not of the immediate family) wished me. And I wondered why? Now, in my defence, let me say that I do get emotional at times, and I then tend to amplify my feelings, whether good or bad, a bit too much.

And I was getting miffed... . I had that childish, annoying feeling that " nobody cares" that assails us all from time to time. And I was caught in the vicious cycle of depression. And in the midst of all that darkness, a voice told me to step back and look at my life(a bit cliche but... ).

Why was I angry? B'cos nobody called... . But people didn't call because they didn't care, rather, they didn't know, and my overlarge ego took that as an affront.

Friendship isn't defined by birthday wishes or birthday gifts. It is a connection through shared experiences; joys and pleasant moments definately, but more importantly the trials and tribulations that we all experience; be it exam stress, divorce, or the death of a loved one. The people who stand by you through the pain of loss and sorrow, who try to lift you up when the world is doing all it can to hold you down, whether it be a listening ear or a comforting pat... they are your friends. And I forgot that in my haste to condemn... .

To all my friends... Sorry...Truly...

It has been MY honour and priviledge to have known you all, to have had you contributing to and enriching my life. For all your help, and all our shared memories,

Thank You...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home